Friday, December 20, 2013

People of Galicia

I enjoy street photography when I am out with my camera. One of my goals for 2014 is to take more shots of people with the assertiveness of a photographer on the prowl for good shots. I took some photographs of people during my summer trip to Galicia, and admit I still lack the assertiveness to point my camera without cringing when they notice me taking their picture.

I have to be careful how obvious I am  when I point my camera lens at people. Obviously many people do not like to have their picture taken without permission, especially if they are elderly people--at least the forty plus generations. This really does not apply to younger people born into the Facebook era of non-privacy.

My scout signal is always on for people with a unique appearance, a tense facial expression, or a combination of both. I have to be quick before the person realizes they are the focal point of my shot. Sometimes I miss the 'perfect' shot because a show shutter speed or more often than not because of my  indecisiveness in taking a person's photo without permission. But that is part this artistic endeavor I need to get over.

Adeu!















No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for sharing your thoughts!
Gràcies per compartir els teus pensaments!