Sunday, December 30, 2012

New Year's and Three Kings Left

I know what it is like to experience Holidays in America. You have Christmas Eve and Christmas Day to look forward to before celebrating all over again on New Year's Eve and New Year's Day and then the entire Holiday Season is over. Not here in Spain. 

Here's the list of festes you spend with family and friends:
desembre
24th Christmas Eve
25th Christmas Day
26th St. Stephan's Day
31st New Year's Eve

gener
New Year's Day
5th Eve of Three Kings
6th Three Kings

Continuing with the Holiday spirit, I thought I would photograph the Christmas Fair in front of the Barcelona Cathedral at night. To my surprise EVERY Christmas stand was gone! I couldn't believe it. I thought they would remain there until Three Kings Day. I was so misled by all the Christmas lights still hanging on nearly every street in Barcelona. What I found in front of the Cathedral were antique dealer stands. I was so disappointed, but decided to make the most of our drive into Barcelona by taking pictures of some of the stands.

Fins Ara!


























1 comment:

  1. I have friends from Spain and they celebrate all of Christmas going round to friends and family for dinner. Much nicer than just having Christmas Day and NY like we have in the UK/US.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for sharing your thoughts!
Gràcies per compartir els teus pensaments!